Fri, Nov 18|
Palm Beach Athletic Wear & Yoga Studio
Sound Therapy Certification - Nov. 18 & 19, 2022 9am-5pm
This class is offered as an 8 or 16 hour course and is designed for people with interest in sound therapy using Himalayan singing bowls for personal and professional use.
Time & Location
Nov 18, 2022, 9:00 AM EST – Nov 19, 2022, 5:00 PM EST
Palm Beach Athletic Wear & Yoga Studio, 11951 US-1 Suite #101, North Palm Beach, FL 33408, USA
About the Event
This class is offered as an 8 or 16 hour course and is designed for people with interest in sound therapy using Himalayan singing bowls for personal and professional use. (The 8 hour course offers history and basics on sound and vibration, how to play the bowl and how to offer localized treatments. 16 hours we dive deeper into the science of sound and how to perform a full body sound massage).
What to Expect:
Lecture/theory, demonstrations, meditations, experiential exercises & verbal sharing, practicing & receiving.
We use massage tables in our practice sessions.
Prerequisite: No previous experience necessary
Upon completion the students receive certification. Massage Therapists will earn 8 or 16 CEU’s -continuing education. (NCBTMB & FL Board of Massage)
- Independent practice of the sound massage in pairs
- Group discussions
- Application possibilities and localized treatment enhancements
- Create therapies specifically designed for the needs of the client
The Participant will:
- Have a thorough understanding on the link between sound vibration and the effects they have on the body and brain wave frequencies.
- Have a clear understanding on the history of sound and vibrations and the effects on a cellular level.
- Perceive the body on a holistic point of view and understand how to incorporate vibrational therapy into your practice.
- Be able to describe the different uses and application methods of Harmonic Sound Therapy
- Be familiar with the effects, indications and contraindications of the vibrational sound massage.
The student will demonstrate proficiency in performing and creating variations of Harmonic Sound Therapy sessions and have a clear understanding of sound and vibration in a customized and professional manner according to the needs of the client.
This course offers a physiological perspective of the use of Himalayan bowls. This course also describes the effects that it produces on different levels of the human organism.
The practitioner will be fully prepared to perform a one hour full body therapy. (16 Hour class only)
- History and Theory (16 hour class offers the science behind sound and intro to Cymatics)
- Experience sensation of the sound and vibration in the body
- Demonstration of the basic sound massage (in the 16 hour class only)
- Guided implementation – basic harmonic sound massage in pairs
Sound Therapy CertificationPalm Beach Athletic Wear& Yoga